I had such high hopes that I would stick with this... Thanks for those who have been so faithful for checking in if there is any new blog. I'll try to be more vigilant for the next however long...
I'm doing well. I'm up and down every week, but it's the life I lead, and I really love it. I can be lazy, sometimes productive (just did our taxes yesterday), watch tv and movies on netflix, shave very infrequently, and eat lots of ice cream. I just went with Joy and some friends Saturday to a concert at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Pete. After the intermmision, we had the joy of hearing the Rachmaninof 2nd piano concerto. That's my favorite piano concerto!
The kids are growing up!!! Christopher is in 6th grade and loving it. Well, loving might be a strong word. Right now, he's learning the french horn and the piano. French horn is good, but he really loves the piano. He's successful, and that confidence you can really see. I don't know how many piano books he's gone through, but it's a lot. His first recital in December and playing in church were landmark experiences. We're so proud of him!
Hannah is still the wonderful princess she loves to be. She is really creative. She loves PowerPoint projects. We have at least 10 projects, all about kittens and cats. School is social for her, and loves it. It seems that she is a pretty good student. She made a circuit with a couple wires, a battery, and a light that lit up. She was so excited for me to see it at her school.
Both Christopher and Hannah have 4.0 averages. Good job, mom!!
Joy is sooooooo busy. She keeps work, church and family together somehow. I really don't know how she does it. I could try to explain it, but it hurts just to think about it. Call her sometime. She'll explain...
I'm excited to reconnect with you. More to come.
Mike
It was great to hear from you...think of you often. I'm retiring this year! Looking forward to the next exciting phase of my life. Take care, Mike.
ReplyDeleteJoanne Merkle